The evolution of gateways moving beyond traditional simple Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) is being driven by many factors. The Residential Gateway is the service provider’s outreach into the home environment and a point in the network that directly interacts with the customer. The iPhotonix GSX 100 Universal Access w/Gateway Software provides a smart Residential Gateway solutions that enables unique services and functionality, important for service providers trying to create the much-needed “stickiness” factor that will keep customers from going to the competition.
Our advanced software provides, Wi-Fi, HPNA, Security, VoIP, Quality of Service (QoS), remote management, and other advanced functionalities that are required to enable advanced Quad Play services. The GSX 100 Universal Access w/ Gateway Software brings to market the most comprehensive set of interfaces and features needed for today’s Quad Play Services. Our Universal Access w/Gateway software fully complies with the Broadband Forum’s TR-069 protocol which permits remote management and can be customized to suit operator’s specific functionality and service needs.
With the Universal Access w/Gateway Software you gain the benefits of:
- A comprehensive platform for Wi-Fi service management
- Scalability to manage hundreds of thousands of remote Wi-Fi ONT’s
- Integration capabilities with existing OSS systems
- Leverages industry-standard protocol TR-069 to access devices
- Easy installation and use by automatically discovering deployed devices in the network
- Bulk configuration and firmware upgrade capabilities
- Management grouping by geography, device type, serial number, customer etc.
- Detailed historical reporting
- New revenue streams, resulting from the ability to offer innovative managed Wi-Fi services
- Supports hotspots, hotzones, home spots, IPTV services, and enterprise Wi-Fi managed sites
Continued areas of Gateway Advancement & Development-
- Wireless (WiMAX, Broadband Wireless, etc.)
- Power Line (UPA, etc.)
- Power Line
With the wide variety of high-bandwidth applications that need to be managed by an RG the need for a high-performance device embedded in the home and capable of handling all that’s thrown at it is needed. That means RGs of today must be flexible and capable of adapting both its hardware and software to meet a narrowly defined set of requirements without burdening the other areas of the service with costly yet untapped capabilities. The iPhotonix Universal Access w/Gateway Software offers this sort of flexibility & will complement nicely the marketing and deployment strategies of service providers.
List of iPhotonix Units: